Kittyyellow's Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

To my dear counsin in Auckland










(Picture on the left is my dear cousin Peny.
Picture in the middle is Peny's favorite food in NZ.
Picture on the right is a dish cooked by Peny.)

Last year, my youngest cousin went to Auckland, New Zealand. Up to date, she have been surviving the new life there for one year. She had brushed up her English for two years in a cram school in Taiwan, preparing for the home stay out there in advance. She really has a good time, taking a part-time job and upgrading her English ability in a language school.

Here comes her email to me recently:


Oh~Dear cousin~It is so nice to hear your plan, good for you.
I have been very great and happy and I've got many friends here who are come from different countries.
Thank you for your care!Every thing is going very well and it's too good to be true -it was hard at the beginningI am living in a fantastic house with free accommodation and free foodI just need to cook for my homestay parents' homestay student who is an 17 -year -oldTaiwaness boy -my homestay parents are gone on the holiday for three months.
I am looking after their house and dog-the good boy helps me to do housework when I need their son and daughter come and visit us from time to time,they are friendly and lovely.
I've hired a British teacher to be my personal English tutor,he is such a good teacher. and I've been interested in cooking for a period of time for my entertaiment by English recipe-Ihave brought three my favorite cooking books-I am going to cook them in Taiwan!!!I am quite satisfied with my life in NZ,so I will be back in Taiwn without regret.
Unfortunately our schedule doesn't match,June 30th this summer is my last day in NZ,I mustn't be stay any longeror I can take you to visit many good places in Auckland.If you can come early , we can play together~I Miss you Peny

A cheerful email with a few grammatical errors, though. But who cares!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home